10 Questions w/ Cryptocurrency Trader FiboSwanny
Short Intro Bio: Who is FiboSwanny?…
I live in Crestwood, KY, right outside of Louisville. Been married for 23 years to my wife Kristin and we have two children, Emrick (19) and Carley (16). I like to ride BMX bikes and hike the Rockies in Colorado.
Having spent almost 20 years as an analyst and a price risk manager, I have been working within the sphere of technical analysis, Elliott Wave analysis, and Fibonacci analysis. I learned these types of behavior analysis tools trading cattle and grains futures for a top cattle broker for over 6 years, and for the past 13 years has used those skills as a Senior Commodity Analyst at Schneider Electric, a global energy consulting firm. I received my CFTe designation through the International Federation of Technical Analysts (IFTA) in 2015. I like to mentor and coach anyone wanting to learn how to produce usable charts and how to use technical indicators as tools for trading, investing, and hedging.
1. Can you share with our readers the story of what first got you into crypto and ultimately trading cryptocurrencies? ie timelines etc
I heard about Bitcoin early on reading about it back in 2011. As a peaceful technical anarchist I was reading a lot of articles about something that could disrupt the monetary system. I did not buy early (unfortunately), but I am in this for the long haul as is fits my lifestyle and ideology.
I got into crypto as the charts began to mature and more volume hit the industry. It was early 2016 when I started dabbling in the buying and selling of various coins. I noticed TA working well on the charts as volume entered the space, so I took my skills and expertise and jumped in head first. Charts is what I do for a living so it was an easy transition over to the crypto world.
2. Can you tell us a little bit more about Crypto Curator and what your role is with that project?
The Crypto Curator is the best curated news for the crypto space out there. That is why I teamed up with Paul McNeal. Anyone wanting a snapshot of everything crypto he is the man to talk to.. go sign up for his free daily brief. My role with The Crypto Curator is really being a Content Provider. I am bringing my decades of experience to the world of crypto by providing sound charts and to help others decipher other people’s work out there. There is a load of crap out there when it comes to charts and I am supplying the waiters to help walk through the brown squishy stuff that is out there. I am not saying I am always right, but I want to help people think for themselves and to do their own research. I have also teamed up with Paul with a new youtube channel (which used to be a podcast). The show is called Support & Resistance. Come and subscribe.. we are having fun with it! The Crypto Curator YT Channel
3. As most people know, there are a lot of daily crypto newsletters out there, however, CryptoCurator has been one of the more successful ones, what are your subscribers getting that they cannot find in any of the other offerings?
They get a newsletter that filters out all the unnecessary garbage and lays out the news in a nice structure with multiple sections with links to whatever article, video, or podcast. It is a snapshot of what is going on and Paul is full time on this project. Need to know about price action, there is a section for that… need to know about crypto adoption and who has use cases, there is a section for that. It is a one-stop shop of all your news needs. Be an Insider! Come subscribe to the free newsletter https://www.thecryptocurator.com/
4. If you could give one piece of advice to newbies interested in getting into day trading or trading crypto full time what would that be?
Do not trade with scared money. Trading is all about taming the emotional beast that lives inside you and if you are always scared of losing the money you have invested, you are highly likely to lose it by making bad decisions.
5. There are a lot of really great “tools” out there designed to help newbies and experienced traders get a leg up on the market, what are some of your favorites?
There is a difference between being a chartist and being a trader. If you want “tools” I can recommend books to learn to draw informative charts (anything by Constance Brown is good). If you want to be a trader pick up a bunch of psychology books and learn all about that realm. Good traders know their psychology.
6. We always like to ask those we feature on Niffler.co whether they have any crypto or blockchain projects they are particularly bullish on and why?
I work in the energy business as a TA guy for clients. So, I have read up on various energy coins. I really like a long-term hold for PowerLedger (POWR). It will take years to build infrastructure, but they have a working use case in Australia and I like where they are headed.
7. A lot of the content found within the CryptoCurator newsletter is crypto news related, do you have any plans on expanding on that or are there other projects on your roadmap that you would like share with our readers? *Feel free to share your new YouTube channel, and the Patreon you guys are doing as well.
As I mentioned above, we have a lot going on with the Daily Brief, the new Support & Resistance YouTube channel, and Paul has a Patreon account under The Crypto Curator. If you help Paul out each Tier has different benefits. Be an Insider is Tier 2 and you get a little more one-on-one service with me if you support. We are also looking into having intimate conferences in a few cities. Indy is on the radar for a fun dodgeball event. We are also looking into having a bracket challenge after March Madness is over.
8. As an active crypto trader, what would you say was that one epic trade you called, that you wish everyone could have seen or you wish ppl knew about?
I was jumping up and down when EOS first came out. I bought a bunch with an average around .65 cents around October 2017 and it went as high as $20+ .. the people I hung with bought with me and one of them gave me a $600 tip for letting them know about it.
9. Where do you see blockchain, crypto and/or the crytpo-sphere as a whole in 3 to 5 years?
All over the place!!! I remember when the world wide web was just starting and I saw www.ford.com on the TV commercial and saying what the heck is that, a website?? Well everyone has websites now.
Same goes for crypto, I know people will start to see it penetrate mainstream and there will be someone just like me when I saw the Ford commercial saying “what is this crypto thing” and then boom.. everyone will have some sort of crypto.
10. Where should Niffler.co users who are interested in learning more or subscribing to CryptoCurator go for more info? ie CryptoCurator Website, Newsletter Registration Page, YouTube Channel , Crypto Curators and YOUR Twitter Handle etc
Here are the links if interested
Support & Resistance YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNWgHZl_rDrcjcVNu5my-IQ
Free Daily Brief: https://www.thecryptocurator.com/
My Twitter: @FiboSwanny
My TradingView: https://www.tradingview.com/u/FiboSwanny/
Niffler.co Profile: https://niffler.co/fiboswanny
Breaking misconceptions: The trials and tribulations of a US crypto trading venue
If you ask the everyday, non-crypto savvy U.S. consumer who follows financial news whether cryptocurrency business activity is regulated, the response would likely be “No”.…2mins 12 Apr, 2020 CryptoParrot
Crypto Traders Could Benefit From Portugal’s Crypto-Friendly Laws
The European country of Portugal could be the new hub for crypto traders and miners, following the country’s crypto-friendly legislation.…2mins 30 Mar, 2020 CryptoParrot
Kraken Identifies Critical Flaw in Trezor Hardware Wallets
Kraken Security Labs has devised a way to extract seeds from both cryptocurrency hardware wallets offered from industry leader Trezor, the Trezor One and Trezor Model T.…2mins 31 Jan, 2020 CryptoParrot